"A goal without a plan is just a wish” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
To chart a course of action is to plan. Proper charting is essential to achieving one’s goals and is often the most difficult step in the planning process. In this session we will delve into the basics of building a family office and discuss next steps for expanding existing family offices. Each family office is unique to the family which they serve but there are also many similarities within the framework of a successful family office. Family offices grow and evolve over time which brings about change and requires flexibility in the planning model. Our experienced panel of family office executives will answer questions that may arise as one begins the journey into the unfamiliar waters of establishing a family office. Panel discussion will also offer insight on expanding existing family office structures.
Topics to be addressed include:
- When is it time for a family office?
- What are the costs of a family office?
- What services will the family office offer?
- What services should a family office consider outsourcing?
- What are the benefits of a MFO vs a SFO?
- What basic governance documents does a family office need?
- What role does the family play in the family office?
- My family office has been in existence for a short time, what is the next step?
Family Office 101 promises to be a very interactive session between participants and panelists.
Leslie Voth, Pitcairn
Steve Smitherman, The Family Office, LLC, The Family Private Trust, LLC
Ryan Haning, Cathy Family Office
Moderator: Kristin Martin